Friday, January 5, 2018

The Snowy Day

1st week back from winter break and we already had a snow day.  I worked on some new products, I finished watching The Crown on Netflix and of course got a head on some planning. We had a delay the following day so we did some thematic learning based around The Snowy Day by Ezra Keats.
Image result for the snowy day


 Scholastic offered the book for 1$ in their December catalogue so I purchased one for each student as their holiday gift.  They were so excited when I told them we would be focusing the day on it. We started out the morning with a read a loud.  While we read we made a list of things that we could do on a snow day. We pulled ideas from the book and from our own experiences.


Then we did a mini lesson about making connections. We practiced making text-to -self connections.  as part of this cute craft. The kids then cut out this cute picture of Peter and had fun using q-tips to paint the snow balls. They came out so cute.  I snagged the recording sheet from Mrs. Bremersk click the link to grab your free copy.
I also found a fun labeling activity from fairy tales and fiction by 2 click the link to grab your free copy. I easily differentiated it by filling in the initial letter of each word for some of the kiddos that needed the help.

What do you like to do on a Snowy Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment