Saturday, September 13, 2014

You Oughta Know Spetember Blog Hop


This month I'm joining up with other bloggers to pass along helpful tips and advice. This month's post focuses on classroom craftivities.

My students love crafts. I use  many different types of educational crafts with my Kindergarteners.  We make seasonal crafts for the bulletin boards, we create book extension crafts that bring stories to life and we even work on math crafts during  guided math. Although these crafts are engaging and purposeful, they can take a lot of prep time.   In the beginning of the year you have to find or make a template, trace the craft onto construction paper,  sometime you have to cut the pieces out or organize them into baggies.  I'm getting tired just thinking about the work.


Last year my wonderful mentor shared a time saving tip with me.... You can Print on Construction Paper!!! This saves so much time. You no longer have to trace all the shapes out before you cut. Just trim the construction paper to the size of  standard computer paper and feed it through your printer. You can also use the bypass tray on your copy machine and feed the whole sheet of construction paper through. This tip has made classroom crafting so much easier.

Ladybug Math CraftTry it for your self by downloading my ladybug math freebie. Click Here







Now take a moment to stop by and see what the others are blogging about.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool LADY BUG MATH CRAFT! It is super cute and would be very memorable for kiddos! Thanks for sharing.
    Best wishes!
    Jen
    TeacherKarma.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Printing on construction paper was pretty much my favorite discovery EVER my second year teaching. Tracing and cutting out shapes constantly for my kindergarteners was getting ridiculous. We can even copy onto construction paper without cutting it first in our copier, even more of a timesaver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing how you use craftivities. And the construction paper printing is something that I discovered too. What a life saver!! Thanks again for linking up!

    Jasmine
    Buzzing With Mrs. McClain

    ReplyDelete